Home » 19
Category Archives: 19
Christmas is of course an annual commemoration of the birth of Christ Jesus. And since there is no record of Jesus’ exact birth date, the 25th day of December is as good as any to commemorate it. So let us utilize this holiday to read and share the story and the wisdom of the birth of Jesus the son of Mary.
What do you think? Post a comment.
Quran, Surah 19 (Mary)
16. Relate in the Book, Mary. When she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.
17. She screened herself from them, then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a human being.
18. She said, “I seek refuge from you with the Merciful Benefactor if you are a conscious being.”
19. He said, “I am a messenger from your Evolver, sent to announce to you the gift of an innocent son.
20. She said, “How will I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?”
21. He said, “Your Lord says, ‘that is easy for Me, and We wish to appoint him as a sign to humanity and a mercy from Us, it is a matter decreed.’ ”
22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree she cried, “O, I wish that I had died before this, I wish that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight.”
24. But a voice cried to her from beneath the palm tree, “Grieve not, for your Evolver has provided a rivulet beneath you,
25. “And shake towards yourself the trunk of the palm tree. It will make fresh ripe dates fall upon you.
26. “So eat and drink, and cool your eye, and if you see any person say, ‘I have vowed a fast to Allah, the Merciful
Benefactor, and this day I will not enter into any conversation with any human being’”
27. Then she brought him to her people carrying him. They said, “O Mary, truly a curious thing have you brought.”
28. “O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of wrong doing, nor your mother a woman unchaste.”
29. But she pointed to the baby and they said, “How can we talk to one who is a baby in the cradle?”
30. He said, “I am indeed a slave of Allah; He has given me revelation and made me a prophet,
31. “And He has made me blessed wherever I am, and has enjoined on me salat and zakat as long as I live.
32. “He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable.
33. “So peace be upon me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I will be raised up to life again.”
34. Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they dispute.
35. It is not befitting to Allah that He should have a son. Glory be to Him. When He determines a matter, He only says to it “Be” and it is.
36. Indeed Allah is my Lord and your Lord. Therefore serve Him; this is a way that is straight.
37. But the sects differ among themselves, and woe to the unbelievers because of the judgment of a momentous day.